WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at Town Hall (Room 9) at 7pm. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will consider a request to obtain a common victualer license for Lin Garden (35 Lowell Street).
- Selectmen will consider a request to obtain an entertainment license for Michael’s Place (110 Lowell Street).
- Selectmen will hear an announcement from Paul Cardello, Chairman of iPods for Wounded Veterans, regarding a State House event to salute veterans in honor of the late State Rep. Jim Miceli.
- Selectmen will hear a presentation from Officers Dan Furbursh and Michael Cabral on the Wilmington Police Explorer Program.
- Selectmen will speak with RMLD General Manager Colleen O’Brien regarding the purchase of property in town for a power substation.
- Selectmen will receive memos/updates from Town Manager Jeff Hull regarding the appointment of the next fire chief upon Chief McMahon’s retirement; fire substation; Wilmington Public Schools enrollment; and ethics training.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Clerk on Election Worker opportunities.
- Selectmen will receive information from the Board of Health on town-wide flu clinic.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Economic Development Committee, asking the board to reaffirm its mission statement.
- Selectmen will receive an invitation from Veterans Director Lou Cimaglia to attend the town’s Veterans Day Ceremony.
- Selectmen will consider the request from WOW to reschedule its road race from May 3 to April 26.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Sons of Italy to hold a Blood Drive in the Municipal Parking Lot on Saturday, December 28, 2019, from 8am to 4pm.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Tara DeFilippo to install a stop sign on Hardin Avenue at Jacquith Road.
- Selectmen will consider the requests of community groups to conduct events which require road closures.
- Selectmen will consider the sale of town vehicles and equipment.
- Selectmen will consider whether to support the Princeton Property Proposal for affordable housing on Jefferson Road.
- Selectmen will consider establishing a committee to explore a new senior center/community center.
- Selectmen will consider its meeting schedule for December 2019.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.