WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, October 13, 2019:
#1) Wilmington Farmers Market’s Final Outdoor Market Of The Season
The Wilmington Farmers Market will be open from 10am to 1pm, on the Swain Green, across from the Town Common, at 140 Middlesex Avenue.
October 13 Farmers Market Lineup:
- Arrowhead Farms
- Gaouette Farm
- Seafood Express Co
- Cupcake City-Reading
- Purple Carrot Bread Co.
- Polish Prince Pierogi
- KC StYles Accessories
- Tewksbury Honey
- Paul Dever, winner of Food Network show ‘Outrageous Pumpkins’, will be at the market carving one of his famous pumpkins.
- Chip-in Farm will be at the market with a traveling farmyard (cow, sheep, goat, and bunny) from 10:30pm – 12:30pm!
- Balloons by Yarrow
- Face Painting by Jacqueline
- Halloween Photo Booth
#2) Meet Award-Winning Wilmington Pumpkin Carver
Did you catch Wilmington pumpkin artist/sculptor Paul Dever on the Food Network two weeks ago? He won the “Outrageous Pumpkins” carving competition, beating out three other talented artists to take home a $10,000 prize.
Now you can see him in action! Dever, the owner of Dever Customs, will be holding a live carving demo at the Wilmington Farmers Market, on the Swain Green (140 Middlesex Avenue) from 10am to 1pm.
#3) NOTE: Trash & Recycling Delayed By One Day This Week Due To Holiday
Due to the Columbus Day Holiday on Monday, Wilmington’s residential trash and recycling collection will be delayed by one day. Monday’s normal collection will be on Tuesday, Tuesday’s collection will be on Wednesday, and so on…concluding with Friday’s collection occurring on Saturday.
#4) Middlesex Canal Museum Open
The Middlesex Canal Museum and Visitors’ Center (71 Faulkner Street, North Billerica) is open from noon to 4pm. Learn about the canal, which travels through Wilmington.
#5) Food Shopping
Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.