WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will receive a presentation on the results from the 2018-2019 Youth Risk Behavior Survey.
- The School Committee will receive presentations on the school improvement plans for the Boutwell, Wildwood, Shawsheen and Woburn Street.
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will provide updates on the Start Time Committee and Vaping Committee.
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will provide updates on the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support Leadership Institute and a joint letter from the DA and Superintendent regarding attendance.
- The School Committee will review and approve an assortment of revised school committee policies.
- The School Committee will vote on resolutions for the upcoming Massachusetts Association of School Committee’s Annual Conference.
- The School Committee will approve a $1,000 donation to the Wildwood Early Childhood Center.
- The School Committee will approve an out-of-state field trip for WHS soccer players to Camp Otter YMCA Camp in Salem, New Hampshire.
The School Committee will also hear from its student representative report, subcommittee reports, and public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.