WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 6:30pm (EARLY START TIME!) in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will introduce the district’s new staff members to the School Committee.
- Dr. Brand will provide an update on the high school gym replacement project.
- Dr. Brand will provide a summary of the district’s food allergy management efforts.
- Dr. Brand will provide information on the district’s school start time committee.
- Dr. Brand will provide information on school facilities planning.
- Dr. Brand will provide an update on the district’s Strategic Plan.
- Assistant Superintendent Paul Ruggiero will present the School Committee with a FY21 draft budget calendar.
- Assistant Superintendent Brian Reagan will present a report on the district’s summer professional development efforts.
- The School Committee will vote to approve Dr. Brand’s goals for the current school year.
- The School Committee will vote to approve student activity accounts for the current school year.
- The School Committee will vote to approve its operating protocols for the current school year..
The School Committee will also hear subcommittee reports and public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple sometimes live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.