WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, August 18, 2019:
#1) Wilmington Farmers Market
The Wilmington Farmers Market will be open this Sunday, August 18, 2019, from 10am to 1pm, on the Swain Green, across from the Town Common, at 140 Middlesex Avenue.
August 18 Farmers Market Lineup:
- Arrowhead Farms
- Gaouette Farm
- Seafood Express Co
- Cupcake City-Reading
- Purple Carrot Bread Co.
- Ma & Pa’s Pickles ETC.
- Polish Prince Pierogi
- EJ’s Pizza / Grab & Go
- Beads by Barbara
- Tewksbury Honey
- Make Robot Puppets at the Kids Table
#2) DEADLINE: Wilmington Youth Hockey Drop The Puck Fundraiser
The Friends of Wilmington Hockey will hold its 2nd Annual Drop The Puck fundraiser on Sunday, August 25, 2019, from 3pm to 7pm, at the Tewksbury-Wilmington Elks (777 South Street).
The event includes a street hockey tournament fundraiser, which begins at 4pm.
- Teams will be placed in appropriate age groups based on the information given at the time of registration.
- Format will be 3 vs. 3 plus a goalie. Team sizes will be finalized after registration.
- Games will be 20 minutes each (Two ten halves) with a 1 minute break between periods.
- Rules to be published closer to tournament.
- Goalies are required to bring their own equipment
- Sticks and running shoes will NOT be provided and are required to participate
- Helmets are required. Gloves, eye protection, jocks, mouth guards and shin guards are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED but not required
Cost is $25 per player, which includes family admission.
Registration is required to play, but not attend. Register to play HERE. The registration deadline is August 19, 2019. No walk-in players will be allowed.
The evening will include games, prizes, music and a cash food and bar.
All beverages — including bottled water, juice, etc. — must be purchased from the bar. No coolers allowed. Please understand this is not a drop off event.
#3) DEADLINE: Congressman Seth Moulton’s Service Award
Congressman Seth Moulton is proud to announce the fourth annual Peter J. Gomes Service Award, to be given to an individual in the Sixth Congressional District of Massachusetts who best epitomizes the qualities of integrity, compassion, and commitment to community that were the foundation of the late Reverend Professor Peter J. Gomes’ teachings.
The annual Peter J. Gomes Service Award will be given to a resident of the Sixth Congressional District who best exemplifies his commitment to service. Fill out this brief form to describe the nominee and how he or she lives the ideals and commitment to community espoused by the Professor Gomes. A panel of judges will carefully review the entries before making a final selection.
Nominations will be accepted through August 19, 2019. Finalists will be notified in advance of the award presentation in early September. The location is North Shore Community College in Lynn, MA. The ceremony will be immediately followed by a Day of Service. All nominators and nominees are invited to participate in the Day of Service.
#4) Middlesex Canal Museum Open
The Middlesex Canal Museum and Visitors’ Center (71 Faulkner Street, North Billerica) is open from noon to 4pm. Learn about the canal, which travels through Wilmington.
#5) Food Shopping
Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.