WILMINGTON, MA — Want to become Wilmington High Schools next Freshman Volleyball Coach. Read the description HERE or below:
• Possess a good knowledge of the sport including but not limited to knowledge of school, league and MIAA rules.
• Possess a good knowledge of skills and techniques of the sport as well as training and conditioning techniques.
• Possess the ability to communicate effectively with parents and students.
• Coordinate the issuance, care and inventory of equipment, supplies (medical) and uniforms.
• Coordinate the collection of all equipment.
• Assist the Athletic Director in developing the annual budget and scheduling non-league games.
• Supervise students from the time practice or the contest starts until finished.
• Securing facilities when applicable.
• Submitting all required forms in a timely manner.
• Notify all team members of all policies, procedures and training rules as they pertain to the team.
• Promote and reinforce academic excellence for the students.
• Perform any other duties or responsibilities to the coaching position as needed or directed by the Athletic Director.
Compensation: Per contract.
• Work with JV and Varsity Coaches to help plan and execute tryouts, four 2 hour sessions in late August.
September and October:
• Work with JV and Varsity Coaches to ensure a unified approach to working with athletes and teaching the skills necessary to compete successfully.
• Plan and execute practice sessions, 2 hrs per session, 2 to 3 times per week, teaching basic individual and team volleyball skills.
• Plan and supervise team during competition, 1 to 2 hrs per match, 2 to 3 times per week.
Position Type: After school/Evening
Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice of Non-Discrimination
All educational and non-academic programs, activities and employment opportunities at Wilmington Public Schools are offered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, homelessness, age and/or disability, and any other class or characteristic protected by law.
DEGREE PREFERRED: Completion of high school or GED
Basic knowledge of the sport of volleyball; coaching experience preferred
• CPR/AED and First Aid Certified
• Concussion Certification
• MIAA/NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Course taken within the season
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
There are no application questions required for this job posting.
Edward Harrison, Interim Director of Athletics
159 Church Street
Wilmington, Massachusetts 01887
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.