WILMINGTON, MA — Last week, the Board of Selectmen executed an agreement agreement between the town and AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees) Local 1703 Unit II.
The union represents DPW staff, library staff, and many of the town’s clerical and administrative personnel.
“This contract is for three years, from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2021. Discussions had been ongoing since May 2018,” explained Town Manager Jeff Hull. “The contract consists of a 2.5% increase retroactive 7/1/18, a 2.5% increase beginning 7/1/19, and a 2.5% increase beginning 7/1/20.”
Hull highlighted a few changes to the prior contract, including:
- DPW personnel who are working beyond their regular shift for plowing and other purposes will now be allowed a meal allowance not to exceed $12. (Previously $10.)
- DPW personnel are allowed to spend up to $190 annually for safety shoes. (Previously $180.)
- Union members must now provide 3 days notice if seeking to take 3 or more days of vacation.
- The day following Thanksgiving will warrant time-and-half OT, not double time OT.
- Union members hired after the signing of the contract won’t be paid for unused personal time upon separation.
Selectmen unanimously approved the contract with no comments or questions. The Board previously met in Executive Session to discuss the agreement.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.