WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at Town Hall (Room 9) at 7pm. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will hold a discussion on the construction of a fire/police substation in North Wilmington.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide Selectmen with a status update on the Surface Transportation Board relative to the warehouse proposal on the Olin site.
- Finance Director Bryan Perry will provide Selectmen with a memo on the town’s cash controls procedures.
- Selectmen will receive a letter from Verizon requesting the commencement of formal renewing proceedings.
- Selectmen will recognize Rapican Systems for a flag pole donation at Silver Lake.
- Selectmen will consider executing a new contract for AFSCME Local 1703 Unit II.
- Selectmen will consider pole locations on Salem Street and Anthony Avenue.
- Selectmen will consider the request of a neighborhood block party on Lucaya Circle on September 21.
- Selectmen will consider the request of illuminating the Town Common gold during the month of September in observance of childhood cancer awareness.
- Selectmen will consider signing the deed for the town’s latest accepted way, Mink Run Road.
- Selectmen will consider signing orders of taking on Pomfret Road and Shady Lane Drive (right of way & utility easement).
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Volleyball to hold a car wash on Saturday, August 24, 2019, from 11am to 2pm, in the Fourth of July parking lot.
- Selectmen will consider the request of RMLD to put signage on the Town Common for two upcoming events.
- Selectmen will consider whether to consent to allowing Town Counsel (KP Law) to represent RMLD regarding the potential purchase of property located off of Route 125.
- Selectmen will consider the request of a manager change at Red Heat Tavern.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.