WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 6:30pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School. The meeting will begin with an Executive Session.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will recognize this school year’s staff retirees.
- The School Committee will accept a $13,000 grant from CHNA 15 to the Wilmington Public Schools Vaping Committee.
- The School Committee will accept a donation of $5,766 in Technology Grants from the Wilmington Educational Foundation.
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will introduce Suzanne Sullivan, the incoming Woburn Street School Principal, and Ken Lord, the incoming Director of Technology & Digital Learning.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on leadership searches, including for Woburn Street School Assistant Principal, Coordinator of Special Education, and School Guidance Curriculum Team Leader.
- Superintendent Brand will discuss the possibility of offering gymnastics as a high school sport.
- Superintendent Brand will announce the Open House Dates for the fall.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update to the district’s proposed new vaping policy.
- The School Committee will vote to approve the 2019-2020 WHS Student-Parent Handbook.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the district’s Homework Policy, which went into effect at the start of this school year.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the district’s Bullying Prevention & Intervention Plan.
- Superintendent Brand will provide a final update on his 2018-2019 Superintendent Goals.
- The School Committee will vote on a new contract for the district’s Educational Assistants union.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the WHS spring sports season.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation from the Wilmington SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council).
- The School Committee will receive good news about a model comprehensive school health services program grant.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the district’s summer reading program.
The School Committee will also hear from its student representative report, subcommittee reports, and public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.