WILMINGTON, MA — Planning on going to Town Beach this summer? Make sure you know the rules! The Wilmington Recreation Department recently published the Beach Rules, which remain unchanged from last year:
Silver Lake – Beach Rules 2019
The public beach at Silver Lake provides our finest natural recreational resource. Town Beach will be open daily from Saturday, June 9 through Sunday, August 12, 2018. Qualified lifeguards supervise the facility from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily (weather permitting).
The use of Town Beach is free for Wilmington residents. Proof of residency is required for free admission. Acceptable proof of residency is as follows:
- Current Massachusetts Driver’s License with a Wilmington address
- RMV issued Massachusetts ID with a Wilmington address
- Wilmington Public Schools Photo ID
Those that do not have proof of residency will be charged the non-resident fee.
RATES FOR NON-RESIDENTS: Non-residents can purchase a day pass for $10 per person (ages 3 and over) at the Town Beach each day from June 9 to August 12.
BEACH RULES (Non-adherence may result in loss of beach privileges and/or fines)
* No alcoholic beverages allowed on Town property
* Feeding of water fowl prohibited on Town property
* No littering; carry in/carry out policy in effect
* No disorderly conduct on Town property
* Smoking is prohibited at the Silver Lake Recreation Area
* No dogs on beaches or Town property adjacent to the water from May 1 – October 1
* No barbecues or cooking on beaches or Town property adjacent to the water
* No refunds can be given for purchase of daily admission for any reason
* No glass containers allowed on the beach
* Flotation devices of any type are prohibited
* Children under 14 must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult at all times
* Infants wearing diapers must wear protective rubber pants or Swimmies diapers
in the water
* No washing of infants in the water
* Launching personal watercraft from the beach is prohibited
* No hanging on or swimming beyond the ropes
For more information, contact the Wilmington Recreation Department at 978-658-4270.
(NOTE: The cover photo is from Jamie Boudreau.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.