WILMINGTON, MA — The Town of Wilmington is seeking a Caseworker Program Coordinator Assistant at the Elderly Services & Veteran Services Departments. The job listing is below:
Unit: NON-UNION – MS 4-1 – Full Time Benefits Eligible
Reporting To: Director of Elderly Services and the Director of Veterans’ Services
Salary Range: $844.19/weekly – $1,068.18/weekly
Location: Elderly Services & Veterans’ Services Department
Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. 35 Hours per week. May be required to be available for after hours events.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Caseworker/Program Coordinator Assistant for the Town of Wilmington performs responsible technical work in providing outreach services to Wilmington veterans, senior residents and their families. The Caseworker/Program Coordinator will collaborate with the Wilmington Department of Elderly Services and the Wilmington Veterans Services and works under the supervision of the Director of Elderly Services and the Director of Veterans’ Services.
– Works under supervision of Director of Veterans Services.
– Works under supervision of Director of Elderly Services.
– Provide ongoing feedback to Director of Elderly Services and Veterans Services Director regarding the needs of senior residents, veterans and their families and make suggestions for meeting those needs.
– Refer identified need(s) to Elderly Services Director, Veterans Services or appropriate agency.
Examples of Work:
– Follow up in-home and/or office visits with elders/veterans to assist them in defining their needs and facilitate access to appropriate services.
– Offer information and referrals on diverse topics in both departments’ programs and services and community resources in person, in writing and via telephone.
– Follow up on service plans of elders/veterans.
– Assist in providing advocacy for elders/veterans in need of services and/or benefits.
– Ability to inform elders/veterans of all the benefits they are eligible for and assist them with gathering the information they need to apply.
– Assist elders/veterans to complete applications for supplemental services or other benefits such as Fuel assistance, Massachusetts General Law Chapter 115 processing and Supplemental Nutritional Assistant Program (SNAP).
– Assist in department monthly reports.
– Assists with other activities and programing with the Elder Services and Veterans.
– Other duties as assigned and services as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field.
Two or more years’ experience working directly with the elderly/veterans in a community setting or a directly related experience.
– Valid MA motor vehicle operator’s license.
– Good written and oral skills.
– Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
– Highly dependable and flexible.
– Attention to detail.
– Extremely organized and exceptional time management.
– Team player.
– Familiarity with area programs and services available to the aging/veterans.
– Computer literate with excellent Microsoft Office Word and Excel skills. (spreadsheets)
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is generally performed inside a building. Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noise levels. Noise levels may be elevated during certain programs or performances that may be scheduled in the building.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Kerry Colburn-Dion
Assistant Town Manager/Director of Human Resources
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
or via email at:
If submitting by email please use “Caseworker/Program Coordinator Assistant “in the subject line. Resume, cover letter and completed application may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically in a file type other than PDF.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.