WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington is encouraging residents to harvest and save rainwater by offering The Great American Rain Barrel for $69, a 40% off retail discount.
To order, visit www.greatamericanrainbarrel.com/community and select Wilmington, or call 800-251-2352. Orders must be made by midnight on June 23, 2019.
Ordered barrels can be picked up on Saturday, June 29, 2019, from 9am to 11am, at the Wilmington Department of Public Works’s Administrative Office (115 Andover Street).
ABOUT THE GREAT AMERICAN RAIN BARREL
- 100% re-purposed rain barrels produced in Massachusetts.
- Dimensions: 39″ tall, 24″ diameter, weight: 20 lbs (empty)
- Durable and reliable Rain Barrels: 3/16” wall thickness.
- Lasts for years when properly drained & stored for winter.
- Screen filter to keep mosquitoes out.
- Several rain barrels can be linked together — easy 5-minute setup
- Available Colors: Forest Green, Earth Brown, Nantucket Grey and Unpainted.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD PURCHASE A RAIN BARREL
- One rain barrel can pay for itself in one season.
- Rainwater has no chemicals – great for plants and lawn.
- Rain Barrels help Towns manage water supplies and storm water runoff.
- At least $200 of precious rainwater splashes off a 1000 sf roof in a season
- Help stressed trees and gardens during dry spells. In 2016, 48% of towns in MA had water bans.
(NOTE: The above announcement is from the Wilmington DPW.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.