WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, May 13, 2019 at Town Hall (Room 9) at 7pm. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6:15pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will hear from Town Engineer Paul Alunni regarding improvements to Yentile Farm Recreational Facility.
- Selectmen to hold a public hearing with National Grid and MSR Utility Maintenance Corp. to locate one pole on Salem Street and one pole on Anthony Avenue.
- Selectmen will hold its annual reorganization and select a chair for 2019-2020.
- Selectmen will receive an update from Town Manager Jeff Hull on the replacement of the high school gym floor.
- Selectmen will receive an update on the town’s efforts to recruit a new Finance Director/Town Accountant.
- Selectmen will receive a letter from the AARP Foundation regarding the town’s participation in the 2019 Income Tax Assistance Program.
- Selectmen will receive a letter from the MWRA thanking the town for its support during the water main break on Friday, May 3.
- Selectmen will finalize the makeup of the town’s Economic Development Committee.
- Selectmen will finalize the makeup and purpose of the Rink Committee.
- Selectmen will appoint members to the Town Meeting Review Committee.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Recreation Department to the use the Town Common and Gazebo for the Summer Concert Series on Wednesdays, July 10, July 17, July 24, and July 31.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Friends of Field Hockey for the WHS Field Hockey team to conduct a Car Wash Fundraiser at the Municipal Parking Lot on Sunday, September 8, 2019 from 9am to 1pm.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Kristen Stokes to hold a Neighborhood Block Party on Jacobs Street on Saturday, June 8, 2019 from 2pm to 9pm.
- Selectmen will sign the contract for Town Counsel for Fiscal Year 2020.
- Selectmen will sign the contract for Special Town Counsel Services for Fiscal Year 2020.
- Selectmen will consider appointing Diane Giamberardino to the Council of Arts Advisory Board.
- Selectmen will consider its meeting date schedule, proposed to be July 15 and August 12.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.