I write this letter to ask you, the citizens of Wilmington, to cast one of your two votes for Selectman Candidate Suzanne Sullivan. I’ve known Suzanne for over 20 years. I’m just going to name a few things Suzanne has done in the time I’ve known her:
- Served on the Wilmington Board of Selectmen from 2003-2007
- Served on the original Master Plan Advisory Committee
- Worked on the Affordable Housing Committee
- Served on the Comprehensive Water Resource Management Plan
- Open Space Committee
- Community Advisory Panel (charged with hiring the town environmental consultant GEO Insight)
- Currently serving on the Wilmington Childhood Cancer Advisory Committee
- The Wilmington Environmental Restoration Committee (Olin Superfund Site)
- Currently co-vice president for the Ipswich River Watershed Association
- Currently co-chair of the Head Waters Stream Team
- In 2014, for the 15thyear anniversary of getting no answers from the Wilmington Childhood Cancer Study, Suzanne has participated in the Buzz for Cure, and they raised close to $2,000. Suzanne intends doing so again this year to mark and bring awareness to the 20thyear of the study with still no answers
- Coached Wilmington Youth Soccer for nearly 20 years
Suzanne’s spirit of volunteerism is second to none. For those of you who know Suzanne, you already know she is a go-getter and she is never afraid to ask the tough questions. For those of you who don’t know Suzanne, she is someone who truly cares, she will take the time to listen to you, and will do her utmost best to succeed in any request a citizen makes here in the Town of Wilmington. If Suzanne Sullivan were to be paid for everything she’s done for Wilmington and the people who live here, she could retire a millionaire. She is truly one of the most kindhearted, generous and devoted people I’ve ever known.
I ask you to consider giving Suzanne Sullivan one of your two votes on Election Day, Saturday, April 27, 2019.
Michael V. McCoy
Wilmington Board of Selectmen
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.