WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, April 8, 2019 at Town Hall (Room 9) at 7pm. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6:15pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will have a discussion with its state delegation and MBTA officials regarding the North Wilmington Commuter Rail station.
- Selection will have a discussion on senior housing with Wilmington Housing Authority’s Executive Director Maureen Hickey.
- Selectmen will make their appointments to the town’s new Economic Development Committee.
- Selectmen will establish a committee to review options that would provide an ice rink for the Town of Wilmington.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update regarding Olin Chemical in the form of an EPA news release.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on the Town Accountant’s upcoming retirement.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on potential impacts from the Ledges 40B project in Woburn, near the Wilmington line.
- Town Manager will provide an update on the town’s vegetation management plan renewal.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Fourth of July Committee to use the Town Common, Municipal Parking Lot, and the Swain Green for the Annual Fun on the Fourth Celebration on Wednesday, July 3 through Sunday, July 7.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Police Department to use Rotary Park on Tuesday, August 6 for a National Night Out celebration.
- Selectmen will consider the request of WHS Principal Linda Peters to use the Municipal Parking Lot to display WWI vehicles on Thursday, April 11, from 9am to 11am.
- Selectmen will consider the renewal of secondhand dealer licenses for Robert P. Flaherty Jeweler, Inc. and GameStop.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Elia’s Country Store to change managers from Michael Elia to Michael Elia, Jr.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.