WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will discuss the establishment of a committee to conduct a school start time study.
- The School Committee will decide whether or not to participate in the state’s School Choice program.
- The School Committee will receive information on the Wildcats Summer Clinics.
- Superintendent Brand will provide updates on the Middle School Principal Search and Woburn Street Principal Search.
- The School Committee will discuss an amended agreement with the SEEM Collaborative.
- The School Committee will receive a personnel update and FY19 Financial Report.
- The School Committee will hear updates from the Strategic Plan Committee and the Superintendent Evaluation Subcommittee.
- The School Committee will accept donations from the Wilmington Educational Foundation ($3,000 in educator exploration grants) and two GeneAmp PCR systems from the Boston Police Department to the WHS Science Department (valued at $4,000).
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.