WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, March 25, 2019 at Town Hall (Room 9) at 7pm. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will be recognizing Police Chief Michael Begonis for his service to the Town of Wilmington. Town Manager Jeff Hull will also be discussing an acting chief appointment. [While it’s not explicitly stated on the agenda, it appears Police Chief Begonis will be retiring soon. The Chief was originally scheduled to retire in January 2018, but decided to stay on the job.]
- Selectmen will hear the request of Josie’s Bakery to obtain a common victualer license.
- Selectmen will discuss appointing additional members to the town’s new Economic Development Committee.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update to the Selectmen on the town’s new Town Meeting Review Committee in the form of an email from the Town Moderator.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the North Wilmington Commuter Rail station situation.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the Woburn Street/Lowell Street project and the Route 38 project.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will also provide the board memos on issues surrounding their meeting agendas and the town’s consulting fee policy.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Town Clerk to appoint election workers for 2019.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Director of Veterans Services to conduct a Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 27, 2019.
- Selectmen will consider the renewal of taxi cab licenses, taxi cab operator licenses, and hawk and peddle licenses to sell ice cream.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV — Channel 9 on Comcast and Channel 37 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.