WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Friday, March 15, 2019:
#1) Wilmington Youth Center Preview Night
Attention all 5th graders living in Wilmington! Have you heard about the Wilmington Youth Center? Are you curious as to what the 6th, 7th and 8th graders are doing? Are you waiting anxiously until you become a member?
The Youth Center Board invites you to a Preview Night on Friday, March 15, 2019, from 7pm to 9pm, to give you the opportunity to come by and check out the Center! The Center is located in Villanova Hall (126 Middlesex Avenue), behind St. Thomas Church.
The Youth Center offers a variety of activities, including:
- Board Games
- Juke Box
- Ping Pong
- Video Games for: PlayStation 3 / PlayStation II / WII / X-Box Kinect
- Video Arcade Room and Arcade-Style Basketball
- Through the season, the Center sponsors craft nights, whiffle ball, and DJ dances
- Pizza, soda and candy are also available for purchase each week
The Wilmington Youth Center has responsible adult supervision on duty from the time the Center opens until after the children have been picked-up. There is no registration fee for this “Preview Night.” Parents are asked to accompany their children in on this evening to leave a contact number with the Center.
#2) Registration For Children’s Theatre Workshop Opens
- “Junie B. Jones The Musical JR” is the elementary main stage production. The session will run from June 24 to July 5, Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm. (No camp on July 4.) Performance dates are July 5 and July 6.
- “Frozen JR” is the Middle School production. The session will run from July 8 to July 19, Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm. Performance dates are July 19 and July 20.
- A high school production session will run from July 22 to August 2, Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm. Performance dates are August 2 and August 3. The title will be announced shortly.
Registration for all summer sessions will open on Friday, March 15, 2019. Learn more information about each summer session HERE.
#3) Drop-In Preschool Storytime At Library
The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a drop-in preschool storytime at 10am. Drop in for stories, songs, rhymes and a fun craft! Space is limited. Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Ages 2-5 and one or more adults.
#4) St. Patrick’s Day Celebration For Seniors
To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, the Buzzell Senior Center will be having a delicious homemade corned beef and cabbage luncheon at the Wilmington Knights of Columbus Hall at 1pm. Come relax and enjoy an excellent afternoon with good food and friends. We will also have live entertainment by Joe Leary—back by popular demand! This lunch is sponsored by Peter MacLellan. We are so fortunate for Peter’s continued generosity. We are also very lucky to have this meal prepared by our specialty chef Lou Cimaglia. We will have a THANK YOU card at front desk for everyone to sign.
#5) Karaoke At Pacific Grove
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.