WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will hold its annual public hearing on the proposed FY20 budget. Parents and residents are invited to ask questions or make comments. After the hearing, the School Committee will vote to approve the budget.
- The School Committee will consider changes to next year’s school calendar.
- The School Committee will consider which employment contracts to post online.
- The School Committee will consider when to conduct the Superintendent’s evaluation — before the Town Election or afterwards.
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will present a special education program review.
- Brand will also provide updates on the Woburn Street Elementary School Principal Search and Strategic Planning process.
- The School Committee will approve a $4,000 donation from the Wilmington Sons Of Italy to the Wilmington High Athletic Department in support of the Sons of Italy Holiday Wrestling Tournament.
- The School Committee will approve a $4,000 donation in new uniforms from the Girls Ice Hockey Booster Club to the WHS Girls Hockey team.
- The School Committee will approve a $500 donation in team t-shirts from the Wilmington Knights of Columbus to the WHS Boys & Girls Basketball teams.
- The School Committee will receive subcommittee reports and any public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-Meetings — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.