WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, February 11, 2019 at Town Hall (Room 9) at 7pm. An Executive Session may precede the meeting at 6pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectman Ed Loud will formally resign at the end of the meeting.
- Selectmen will discuss whether to change the date of the Annual Town Meeting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will announce the hiring of a new Town Clerk.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will discuss the process of replacing retiring Town Accountant Mike Morris.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will announce this year’s petitioned warrant articles for the Annual Town Meeting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide Selectmen with a memo and several letters regarding 362 Middlesex Avenue.
- Elderly Services Director Terri Marciello will provide an update on Senior Center programming, including the Memory Cafe.
- Library Director Tina Stewart will discuss the Library Strategic Planning Process.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Recreation Commission to use the Town Common to conduct the Annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 29 at 11am.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Elderly Services Director Terri Marciello to use the Town Common on Saturday, April 27, from 8:30am to 12:30pm, to host a celebration of World Tai Chi Day.
- UPDATE: The recent purchase of Ristuccia Arena by Richard Gallant is expected to be brought up under “New Business.”
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-Meetings — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.