WILMINGTON, MA — Daniel Murphy, who has run for Selectmen on multiple occasions in the past, is once again throwing his hat in the ring. Murphy last ran in 2013 and received 513 votes, finishing in last place behind winners Lou Cimaglia (2,697) and Mike Newhouse (2,692), as well as Kevin MacDonald (574 votes).
In his Facebook announcement, Murphy called himself a pro-life independent who is “by the people, for the people, and with the people.”
According to Assitstant Town Clerk Linda Golden, here are how the races stand as of January 31, five weeks before the filing deadline:
Wilmington Board of Selectmen — 2 seats — 3-year terms
- Greg Bendel (incumbent) — pulled papers on 1/3 — returned on 1/11 — certified on 1/14
- Kevin Caira (incumbent) — pulled papers on 1/4 — has not returned yet
- Daniel Murphy (challenger) — pulled papers on 1/18 — returned on 1/28 — certified on 1/30
Wilmington Board of Selectmen — 1 seat — 1-year term
- Jomarie O’Mahony — pulled papers on 1/30 — has not yet returned
Wilmington School Committee — 3 seats — 3-year terms
- Jo Newhouse (incumbent) — pulled papers on 1/4 — has not returned yet
- Jesse Fennelly (challenger) — pulled papers on 1/7 — has not returned yet
Shawsheen Tech School Committee — 1 seat — 3-year term
- Robert Peterson Sr. (incumbent) — pulled papers on 1/3 — has not returned yet
To get on the ballot, nomination papers, with at least 50 valid signatures from Wilmington voters, are due back to the Town Clerk by Friday, March 8.
The Annual Town Election will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2019. Polls will be open from 8am to 8pm.
NOTE TO CANDIDATES & CAMPAIGNS: Got announcements, press releases, letters to the editor, etc.? Email email@example.com.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.