WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, January 14, 2019 at Town Hall (Room 9). An Executive Session begins at 6pm. The public portion of the meeting begins at 7pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will announce the appointment of a new Assistant Town Manager.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the North Wilmington train station situation.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the formation of an Economic Development Committee.
- Town Planning Director Valerie Gingrich will discuss the draft of a proposed inclusionary zoning bylaw and the market study analysis conducted on a portion of Route 38 in Wilmington.
- RMLD General Manager Coleen O’Brien will provide her annual update to the board.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the FY2020 budget and the Finance Committee meetings to review the proposed budget.
- Selectmen will consider executing agreements with the International Association of Fire Fighters Local 1370 and the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees Local 1703, Unit 1.
- Selectmen will hold an “information hearing” relative to the Manager, Owner and Directors of Michael’s Place. (There is apparently questions surrounding the restaurant’s ownership that arose during the recent license renewal process.)
- Selectmen will consider the request of Joshua Canfield, who appears to be the new owner of Sweet Pizza for a Common Victualer License.
- Selectmen will consider the ratification of the Town Manager’s appointment of Brooke Green and Cheryl Slater as members of the town’s Commission on Disabilities.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-Meetings — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple will live-tweet the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.