WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Boys Track team won a big meet against Burlington High, 51.5 to 48.5, on Thursday night at Boston University’s Track and Tennis Center.
“In the 7 years we have been in the Middlesex League, we have never beat Burlington, so the victory was especially sweet,” said Head Coach Mike Kinney. “The meet was as close as it possibly could be and the team brought an enormous amount of energy.”
Wildcat highlights included:
- Mike Fothergill rose to the occasion and won three events — the 300, the 55 meter dash, and the long jump.
- Greg Adamek placed second in the mile and the two mile, a grueling combination with times of 10:17.35 and 4:46.77.
- Senior Captain Ben Packer won the two mile in 10:13.82.
- Senior Captain Sam Vince won the hurdles in 8.94.
- Sean Riley won the high jump.
- Sam Juergens placed third and second in the long jump and high jump.
- Tyler Thomas placed second in the shot put with 41’5”.
- Colton Sullivan placed third in the dash.
- Richie Stuart placed third in the 300.
- Senior Captain Kevin Elderd placed second in the 1000 with 2:49.57.
- Jake Danieli placed second in the 600 with 1:29.96.
- Nolan Kennedy rounded out the scoring with a third place in the mile with 4:52.57.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.