WILMINGTON, MA — The Town of Wilmington is seeking a Senior Clerk for the Town Assessor’s Office. The job listing is below:
Position: Senior Clerk in Assessor’s Office
Unit: AFSCME II
Reporting To: Principal Assessor
Wages: $786.66/weekly – $995.40/weekly
Hours: 35 Hours, Monday – Friday
Location: Town Hall, 121 Glen Road Application
Deadline: December 21, 2018
Definition: The Senior Clerk position is responsible for providing higher level clerical support of a more-than-ordinary-difficulty to department heads and staff.
- Working under the supervision of the Department Head and/or designee:
- Greet visitors and customers, answer the telephone and general emails, answer basic questions and provide general information. For more complex questions and needs assist callers, customers, and visitors with reaching the proper staff person or resource. May assist with registering visitors and customers for programs or activities.
- Prepare or review bills, payroll, invoices, and/or receipts. Maintain moderately complex financial records of revenue and expenditures for the department. Process and track intake of grants, gifts, fees, and donations, and track expenditures. Work with Accounting Department resolve discrepancies in accounts.
- Assemble and compute data, prepare statistical reports, summaries, and other municipal records and documents, may assist in assessment procedures including abatement and exemption applications, payroll, purchasing, tax collection, and other related department functions, and monthly statistical reports.
- Sort, file, record various materials, classify materials according to subject matter or other classification.
- May provide administrative support to a Board, Committee, or Commission, posting meetings in accordance with Open Meeting Law, recording agenda and minutes, assembling and distributing documentation, and assisting with setup of meetings.
- Collect, sort, and distribute mail.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, newsletters and documents, assemble or research content information, provide drafts, final documents, and distribute through inter-office mail, email, us postal service, or otherwise as directed.
- May manage department supplies and materials, and order supplies and materials as needed.
- May manage the department webpage, ensure content is timely, accurate and useful, update and add content on a regular basis.
- Maintain department files in an orderly manner, file documents, and retrieve documents from files as requested.
- Perform other similar tasks or related works as assigned by the department head and designee.
- High School diploma.
- A minimum of two years of clerical or administrative experience in a customer service or municipal setting, or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with the public.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and ability to effectively utilize Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other standard administrative software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise initiative and use good judgment, work with limited direction in the completion of tasks and assignments.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks effectively.
Work is generally performed inside a building. Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noise levels. Noise levels may be elevated during certain programs or performances that may be scheduled in the building.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Town Manager
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If submitting by email please use “Position: Assessor Senior Clerk” in the subject. Resume, cover letter and completed application may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically and in a file type other than PDF.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.