WILMINGTON, MA — The Town of Wilmington is seeking a Senior Clerk for the Town Manager’s Office. The job listing is published HERE and below:
Position: Town Manager’s Office Senior Clerk
Unit: AFSCME II
Reporting To: Assistant Town Manager
Wages: $786.66/weekly – $995.40/weekly
Hours: 35 Hours, Monday – Friday
Location: Town Hall, 121 Glen Road Application
Deadline: December 21, 2018
Definition: The Senior Clerk position is responsible for providing higher level clerical support of a more-than-ordinary-difficulty to department heads and staff.
- Working under the supervision of the Department Head and/or designee:
- Acts as a back-up to Town’s Auto attendant for phone system.
- Greet visitors and customers, answer the telephone and general emails, answer basic questions and provide general information. For more complex questions and needs assist callers, customers, and visitors with reaching the proper staff person or resource.
- Assemble and compute data, prepare statistical reports, summaries, and other municipal records and documents, may assist in assessment procedures including monthly statistical reports.
- Sort, file, record various materials, classify materials according to subject matter or other classification.
- May provide administrative support to the Board of Selectmen or Finance Committee, posting meetings in accordance with Open Meeting Law, recording agenda and minutes, assembling and distributing documentation, and assisting with setup of meetings.
- Collect, sort, and distribute mail for the Town Hall.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, newsletters and documents, assemble or research content information, provide drafts, final documents, and distribute through inter-office mail, email, us postal service, or otherwise as directed.
- Assist the Administrative Assistant to manage department supplies and materials, and order supplies and materials as needed.
- Maintain department files in an orderly manner, file documents, and retrieve documents from files as requested.
- Perform other similar tasks or related works as assigned by the department head and designee.
- High School diploma.
- A minimum of two years of clerical or administrative experience in a customer service or municipal setting, or any equivalent
combination of experience and education.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with the public.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and ability to effectively utilize Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other standard
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise initiative and use good judgment, work with limited direction in the completion of tasks and assignments.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks effectively.
Work is generally performed inside a building. Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noise levels. Noise levels may be elevated during certain programs or performances that may be scheduled in the building.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to: Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Town Manager
121 Glen Road Wilmington, MA 01887 or
via email at: email@example.com
If submitting by email please use “Position: Town Manager’s Office Senior Clerk” in the subject. Resume, cover letter and completed application may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically and in a file type other than PDF.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.