SOUTHFIELD, MI — SME, a manufacturing association promoting the interests of manufacturing industries, advanced manufacturing technologies and the development of the manufacturing workforce, has recognized several professionals assuming new leadership roles in the organization for 2019. These manufacturing professionals were recognized at the annual SME Installation and Awards Gala on Dec. 2
Officers of SME are chosen by a nominating committee and selected by the SME Board of Directors. These directors are elected annually by the entire voting membership of the organization.
2019 officers installed are:
- President: Mark L. Michalski, MKS Instruments (retired), Wilmington, Massachusetts
- President-Elect: Susan M. Smyth, PhD, FSME, General Motors (retired), Warren, Michigan
- Vice President: Michael D. Packer, FSME, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co., Fort Worth, Texas
- Treasurer: Dianne Chong, PhD, FSME, The Boeing Co. (retired), Seattle
- Secretary: James W. Schlusemann, Prosperia International, Batavia, Illinois
SME connects manufacturing professionals, academia and communities, sharing knowledge and resources to build inspired, educated and prosperous manufacturers and enterprises. With more than 85 years of experience and expertise in events, media, membership, training and development, and also through an education foundation, SME is committed to promoting manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce and attracting future generations to advance manufacturing. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
(NOTE: The above press release is from SME via PRNewswire.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.
Thank You To Our Sponsor: