WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, November 26, 2018 at 6:30pm at Town Hall (Room 9).
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen and Veterans Director Lou Cimaglia will dedicate a POW/MIA Chair, donated by the Shawsheen Tech, in Room 9 of Town Hall.
- Selectmen will hold a Public Hearing with Principal Assessor Karen Rassias on local property tax policy and classification.
- Selectmen will receive a presentation from Frank West, coordinator for the Toys for Tots program.
- Selectmen will review a letter from Lt. Governor Karyn Polito regarding the town’s involvement in the Community Compact program.
- Selectmen will review correspondence regarding NET and the Surface Transportation Board.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from Town Accountant Mike Morris regarding the town’s free cash approval.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Police Department to conduct the Santa Parade on Sunday, December 9, 2018, from 8am to 4pm, and to use various town properties as staging locations. Selectmen will also receive a memo from Police Chief Michael Begonis about the event.
- Selectmen will consider changing the Town Accountant Position to Finance Director/Town Accountant.
- Selectmen will consider a request of Pancho’s Cantina to obtain an entertainment license.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Kaileigh Bernardo to use the Swain Green on Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 4pm for a wedding ceremony.
- Selectmen will consider designating two representatives to attend the MAPC Subregional Planning Meeting.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple sometimes live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.