WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will receive a presentation on the district’s 2018 MCAS results.
- The School Committee will receive an overview of the Wilmington Middle School Principal Search.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the district’s strategic planning process, including an announcement of the selected consultant.
- Superintendent Glenn Brand will provide updates on the memorandum of understanding for the school resource officer program between the Wilmington Public Schools and Wilmington Police Department, and the Global Child after-school program
- The School Committee will approve a $6,000 donation from the Wilmington Rotary Club for physical activity bags for Grade 1 students at the Woburn Street and Shawsheen Elementary schools.
- The School Committee will approve a donation from Amazon Robotics of 15 window laptops (valued at $6,750) to the Wilmington High School’s Science Department and WHS Robotics Team.
- The Wilmington Middle School WilmingTones a-cappella group will perform.
- The School Committee will review the FY18 End-of-Year Report.
- The School Committee will receive subcommittee reports and any public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.