WILMINGTON, MA — Are you a high school student interested in sports but not playing on the field?
Maybe you’ve got some interest in play-by-play or camera? Or you’re already attending some games? Are you on a JV or Freshmen team and want to help cover varsity?
WCTV is offering a PAID sports internships for juniors and seniors.
These positions pay $11/hour and we’re looking for students to make a commitment of at least one game per week. Students can expect work evenings and weekends, as the schedule dictates. We’ll work with you on games that fit into your schedule.
Send a letter of interest to Youth Director Marty McCue (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop it off at the Wildcat TV control room (next to the LGI at WHS). Your letter should include:
- Your name, and date of birth.
- Describe why you’re interested and whether you’re more interested in being a camera operator, play-by-play announcer or editor (if you want to be all three roles, that’s great!).
- Please confirm that you’ll be available for at least one home game per week. Note that these often start at 7PM and go until 9PM.
- Indicate which sports you are most interested in (although note that we cover every sport.)
- Note whether you’re interested in serving as crew for ROAD playoff games and the Thanksgiving Day Football game.
Students will be fully trained on all the gear. After an orientation period, they’ll be expected to work solo, as part of a student team or under staff supervision. They may be required to take equipment home with them and return them to WCTV the next day.
(NOTE: The above announcement is from Wilmington Community Television.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.