WILMINGTON, MA — On Wednesday, October 4, the Wilmington Memorial Library hosted author Stephen Puleo to discuss his book, The Boston Italians: A Story of Pride, Perseverance, and Paesani, from the Years of the Great Immigration to the Present Day.
The Wilmington Sons Of Italy sponsored the event, which drew a full house, with more than 80 people attending.
The Wilmington Sons of Italy, in fact, are sponsoring a month-full of events in recognition of Italian Heritage Month, including:
- 10/9/18 – 7pm – Chef Liz Barber demonstrating Italian cooking
- 10/11/18 – 7pm – Dr. James Pasto presenting his talk on Boston’s North End, an Italian American story
- 10/18/18 – 2:30 pm – WBZ’s Mel Simons offering his memory-filled program, Strictly Sinatra
- 10/20/18 – 7pm – 2:30 pm – Accredited genealogist, Jenny Tonks hosting and Italian genealogy workshop
- 10/26/18 – 7pm – An After-Hours concert: A Taste of Italy featuring Italian themed music by the Boston Opera Guy, Marshall Richards.
Below are photos from Stephen Puleo’s visit to Wilmington, courtesy of Sons of Italy member Lennie Malvone:
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.