WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will receive a presentation from WHS Principal Linda Peters regarding the school’s upcoming NEASC accreditation.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation from Diana Hill on the district’s 2019 Special Olympics.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation from Laura Stinson & Officer Brian Moon on the district’s Walking School Bus Program for the 2018-2019 school year.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation from Sue MacDonald on the district’s English Language Learners update.
- The Superintendent will discuss next steps following last meeting’s discussion on developing a policy for the formation of new sports teams.
- The School Committee will accept a $500 donation for Wilmington High School extracurricular activities from Wilmington Pediatrics.
- The School Committee will select its delegate to the Massachusetts Association of School Committees.
- The School Committee will receive the FY18 Final Revolving Account Report and a personnel report.
- The School Committee will continue to discuss its operating protocols.
- The School Committee will receive a report from the Superintendent, plus subcommittee reports and any public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.