WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, September 24, 2018 at Town Hall (Room 9). An Executive Session begins at 6pm. It appears the public portion of the meeting may not begin 7:30pm, not the usual 7pm, but items could always be taken out of order.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will meet with Health Director Shelly Newhouse to discuss changes to Board of Health regulations. Selectmen will consider approving fees relative to the permitting of Recombinant DNA (RDNA).
- Selectmen will meet with Fire Chief Joe McMahon to discuss the Fire Department’s budget and staffing.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide Selectmen with a memo from DPW Director Mike Woods relative to a seasonal skating rink.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide Selectmen with a memo about the Pickleball Courts at Palmer Park.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide Selectmen with a memo about the town’s upcoming plastic bag ban.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple sometimes live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.