WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School. An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6:30pm.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will consider approving a new homework policy for the district. (The School Committee previously approved first and second readings of the policy in June and August.)
- The School Committee will consider approving a new 3-year contract for the School Nurses (September 1, 2018-August 31, 2021). Committee members will meet in Executive Session prior to the meeting to discuss.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation on the Coordinated Program Review’s Corrective Action Plan.
- The School Committee will consider approving the Student Activity Accounts for the 2018-2019 school year.
- The School Committee will receive a draft calendar of the budget process from Superintendent Glenn Brand.
- The School Committee will conduct a “first reading” of the Superintendent’s goals.
- The School Committee will receive a report on the district’s summer professional development efforts.
- The School Committee will be introduced to new staff members.
- The School Committee will receive an update on fall athletics.
- The School Committee will discuss its operating protocols.
- The School Committee will receive a report from the Superintendent, plus subcommittee reports and any public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-E — Channel 99 on Comcast and Channel 39 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.