WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will hold a second reading of a proposed new homework policy for the district.
- The School Committee will consider approving the donation of an AED defibrillation ($2,700) from Principal Lisa King.
- The School Committee will consider approving a field trip to Ireland, Wales and England during April 2020 vacation for students in Grades 10-12.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the success of the district’s athletic summer camps.
- The School Committee will receive a personnel update detailing staffing changes from over the summer.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the Superintendent’s evaluation process.
- The School Committee will appoint Superintendent Glenn Brand as its representative to the SEEM Collaborative Board of Directors.
- The School Committee will also discuss its recent MASC Workshop on Governance, its agenda process, and its subcommittee assignments.
- The School Committee will receive a report from the Superintendent, plus subcommittee reports and any public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.