WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, August 13, 2018 at 7pm at Town Hall (Room 9).
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The Selectmen will meet with the School Committee to appoint a resident to fill the current vacancy on the School Committee. Jesse Fennelly, Jo Newhouse, and Scott Trach are the three candidates.
- Wilmington Youth Services Librarian Barbara Raab will present a proposal to install a Story Walk at Rotary Park.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will update Selectmen on the Finance Committee holding a special meeting this week to discuss the fire department’s overtime budget.
- Town Manager Jeff Hill will update Selectmen on a meeting with the Board of Library Trustees to consider a feasibility study for the Wilmington Library.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will update Selectmen on how the town will address future tax increment financing (TIF) proposals.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will update Selectmen on the town’s contract with Russell Disposal.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will announce the appointment of Assistant Town Planner Sierra Pelletier.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will discuss potential state funding for North Wilmington Commuter Station work.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will update Selectmen on the status of the National Grid lockout.
- Selectmen will consider adopting and signing a proclamation that September 2018 be declared “Revive Civility Month” in the Town of Wilmington.
- Selectmen will consider signing the warrant for the State Primary Election on September 4.
- Selectmen will consider signing a contract for Special Counsel Services.
- Selectmen will consider the request of a resident to hold at birthday party at Rotary Park.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm. Topics covered will include Sciarappa Farm and collective bargaining. A second Executive Session, involving contract negotiations on Town Manager Jeff Hull’s next contract, may follow the meeting.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple sometimes live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.