WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a round-up of what’s going on in Wilmington on Sunday, July 29, 2018:
Weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. West wind around 6 mph.
In The Community: The Wilmington Department of Veterans’ Services is hosting The Moving Wall Vietnam Veterans Memorial from Thursday, July 26 at 11am to Monday, July 30 at noon on the Wilmington Town Common. The wall is open to the public, 24 hours a day, free of charge. Ceremonies will held at The Moving Wall at 7pm on each of the four nights.
Welcome Home Ceremony: Sunday, July 29, 7pm
- Welcome: Lou Cimaglia, Director, Wilmington Department of Veterans’ Services
- Honor Guards: MA Army National Guard Honor Guard; US Coast Guard Honor Guard; USS Constitution Navy Honor Guard
- Invocation: Deacon Clifford King, US Marines, Vietnam War Veterans
- National Anthem: Eric Lamarche, Director of Veterans’ Services, Lowell
- Guest Speaker: Timothy Sullivan, US Navy, Vietnam Veteran, Silver State Recipient, Ex-POW, National Security Officer, Massachusetts Department of Veterans’ Services
- Gold Star Families Place Wreaths
- Riffle Team: Wilmington Police Department
- Bagpipes: Scruffy Wallace of the Dropkick Murphys
- Taps: Ken Michaud, Butch Alpers
- Benediction: Deacon Clifford King, US Marine Corps, Vietnam Veteran
In The Community: The Wilmington Farmers Market continues its season from 10am to 1pm. For one week only, the market will be located at the Yentile Farm Recreational Facility (9 Cross Street) to accommodate the Moving Wall at Town Common. See this week’s lineup HERE. The Wilmington Memorial Library will be running a Story Time at 10am. Live music will be provided by John Lorentz & Anne Sandstrom.
In The Community: The Middlesex Canal Museum and Visitors’ Center (71 Faulkner Street, North Billerica) is open from noon to 4pm. Learn about the canal, which travels through Wilmington.
In The Community: The Town Beach is open today. Lifeguards are on duty from 10am to 8pm. Admission is FREE for residents. Proof of residency is required. Learn more HERE.
Food Shopping: Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing email@example.com. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.