WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a round-up of what’s going on in Wilmington on Saturday, July 28, 2018:
Weather: A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
In The Community: The Wilmington Department of Veterans’ Services is hosting The Moving Wall Vietnam Veterans Memorial from Thursday, July 26 at 11am to Monday, July 30 at noon on the Wilmington Town Common. The wall is open to the public, 24 hours a day, free of charge. Ceremonies will held at The Moving Wall at 7pm on each of the four nights.
Public Safety Ceremony: Saturday, July 28, 7pm
- Welcome: Wilmington Police Chief Michael Begonis
- Honor Guards: MA Army National Guard Honor Guard; Police, Fire and Military Honor Guards
- Invocation: Deacon Clifford King, US Marines, Vietnam War Veterans
- National Anthem: Katy Downey, MA State Police Trooper
- Fly Over: Massachusetts State Police Air Wing
- Introduction of Guest Speakers: Wilmington Police Chief Michael Begonis
- Guest Speakers: Lee Scalzilli & William McKenzie
- Gold Star Families Place Wreaths
- Reading of Names on the Wall
- Riffle Team: Wilmington Police Department
- Taps: Ken Michaud, Butch Alpers
- Benediction: Deacon Clifford King, US Marine Corps, Vietnam Veteran
In The Community: Town Beach is open. Lifeguards are on duty from 10am to 8pm. Here’s what you need to know.
In The Community: The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. All books are $2 or less! Every penny of every sale benefits the Wilmington Memorial Library.
In The Community: The Wilmington Food Pantry (142 Chestnut Street) is open from 10am to noon for food donation drop-offs. Learn which food items the Pantry is most in need of HERE.
Attention Drivers!: The Massachusetts State Police will be holding a Sobriety Checkpoint in Middlesex County on Saturday, July 28, 2018 into Sunday July 29, 2018.
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing email@example.com. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.