WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a round-up of what’s going on in Wilmington on Friday, July 27, 2018:
Weather: A slight chance of showers after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
In The Community: On The Fence Players, a Wilmington-based theatre company for Wilmington teens and young adults, will be performing Our Town at 7pm in the Wilmington High School Auditorium. Doors open at 6:30pm. Admission is FREE. Donations are welcome. Our Town, created by Thornton Wilder, is a story that embraces the wonder of time. The play is directed by Emily Burke and presented by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc. On The Fence Players was founded in 2014 by Wilmington’s Nikk Tetreault. This is the company’s 5th annual summer production.
In The Community: The Wilmington Department of Veterans’ Services is hosting The Moving Wall Vietnam Veterans Memorial from Thursday, July 26 at 11am to Monday, July 30 at noon on the Wilmington Town Common. The wall is open to the public, 24 hours a day, free of charge. Ceremonies will held at The Moving Wall at 7pm on each of the four nights.
Gold Star Families: Friday, July 27, 7pm
- Welcome: Lou Cimaglia, Director, Wilmington Department of Veterans’ Services
- Honor Guards: MA Army National Guard Honor Guard; US Coast Guard Honor Guard
- Invocation: Deacon Clifford King, US Marines, Vietnam War Veterans
- National Anthem: Eric Lamarche, Director of Veterans’ Services, Lowell
- Guest Speaker: Edmund W. Mulvehill, Director of Veterans’ Services, Norwood
- Gold Star Families Place Wreaths: John J. Fullerton, Jr.; Robert W. Parent; Richard W. Welch; and John A. Rich
- Reading of Names on the Wall: Local Veterans’ Service Officers & Families
- Riffle Team: Wilmington Police Department
- Taps: Ken Michaud, Butch Alpers
- Benediction: Deacon Clifford King, US Marine Corps, Vietnam Veteran
At Town Hall: The Wilmington DPW is holding a Public Shade Tree Hearing at 9pm in Town Hall’s Auditorium. Learn more HERE.
At The Library: Preschool Dance Party at 10am. Drop-In Karaoke at 3pm. [Learn more and register HERE.]
At The Senior Center: Video Exercise at 10am. Sewing Class at 10am. Special Exercise at 11am. Bingo at 1pm. Cards at 1:30pm. [Learn more HERE.]
At The Town Museum: The Wilmington Town Museum is open from 10am to 2pm.
In The Community: The Town Beach is open today. Lifeguards are on duty from 10am to 8pm. Admission is FREE for residents. Proof of residency is required. Learn more HERE.
Live Music: Pacific Grove (211 Lowell Street) is hosting karaoke with Winnell Entertainment beginning at 8pm.
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.