WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a round-up of what’s going on in Wilmington on Thursday, July 26, 2018:
Weather: Showers and thunderstorms before 3pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 3pm and 4pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. High near 82. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
In The Community: The Wilmington Department of Veterans’ Services is hosting The Moving Wall Vietnam Veterans Memorial from Thursday, July 26 at 11am to Monday, July 30 at noon on the Wilmington Town Common. The wall is open to the public, 24 hours a day, free of charge.
Ceremonies will held at The Moving Wall at 7pm on each of the four nights. Tonight’s program is below. For those who cannot attend, the ceremony will air live on WCTV’s Facebook page.
Opening Ceremony: Thursday, July 26, 7pm
- Welcome: Lou Cimaglia, Director, Wilmington Department of Veterans’ Services
- Honor Guards: MA Army National Guard Honor Guard; MIT Police Honor Guard; US Coast Guard Honor Guard
- Invocation: Deacon Clifford King, US Marines, Vietnam War Veterans
- National Anthem: Ryan Walsh, Wilmington High School Student
- Introduction of Guest Speakers: Lou Cimaglia, Director, Wilmington Department of Veterans’ Services
- Guest Speakers: Jeff Hull, Wilmington Town Manager; Kevin Caira, Chairman of Wilmington Board of Selectmen; Ken Gordon, MA House of Representatives; and Jorge Lopez; and Veterans Liaison to Congressman Seth Moulton
- Gold Star Families Place Wreaths: John J. Fullerton, Jr.; Robert W. Parent; Richard W. Welch; and John A. Rich
- Reading of Wilmington Names on the Wall
- Riffle Team: Wilmington Police Department
- Taps: Ken Michaud, Butch Alpers
- Bagpipes: Kevin Fitzgerald
- Benediction: Deacon Clifford King, US Marine Corps, Vietnam Veterans
In The Community: Do you like to sing? Do you enjoy performing? Come join the Merrimack Valley Chorus at one of its regular weekly rehearsals. You just might discover a passion for a cappella singing, and you’ll also make some great new friends! Open rehearsals are every Thursday at 7pm at the Wilmington Arts Center (219 Middlesex Avenue).
In The Community: The Town Beach is open today. Lifeguards are on duty from 10am to 8pm. Admission is FREE for residents. Proof of residency is required. Learn more HERE.
Live Music: Pianist Ricky Lauria performs at Tremezzo (2 Lowell Street) at 8pm.
At The Library: Baby Time at 9:30am. Time For Twos at 10:30am. Crafternoon: String Art on Cork at 3:30pm. [Learn more and register HERE.]
At The Senior Center: Walking Group at 8am. Computer Class at 9am. Art Class at 10am. Aerobics at 10:30am. Knitting/Crocheting at 11am. Ceramics at 1pm. Ceramics at 1pm. Brain Camp at 1pm. Game Day at 1pm. [Learn more HERE.]
At The Town Museum: The Wilmington Town Museum is open from 10am to 2pm.
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.