WILMINGTON, MA — Security Innovation, a pioneer in software security assessment and training, was recently announced that it has been named a top connected security solution provider for 2018 by Enterprise Security Magazine. The honor for Security Innovation came in the magazine’s July issue, which focused on the security risks in IoT, and what steps organizations can take to eliminate threats, vulnerabilities and breaches.
“We take pride in honoring Security Innovation as one among the 10 companies that are featured in the Connected Security Special Edition,” said Michael Brown, Managing Editor of Enterprise Security Magazine. “Security Innovation is an authority on software security and helps organizations build and deploy more secure software.”
The recognition by Enterprise Security Magazine comes at a critical time in the evolution of IoT. As organizations migrate from primarily offline to online business models, they frequently fail to consider IoT’s unique threats, which traditional solutions are unable to secure. In today’s connected world, steps must be taken to ensure that devices, connections and infrastructures are hardened, especially the software that runs IoT devices, which is the target of approximately 90 percent of cyber attacks.
Security Innovation’s IoT Center of Excellence serves as the nerve center for ongoing research and knowledge dissemination on critical platforms, technologies, and emerging threats related to IoT. This expertise enables the company to identify and mitigate security issues and deliver organizations the training needed to build internal competency. In addition to IoT-specific courses for secure coding principles, secure design, and security testing, Security Innovation offers an IoT Specialization Series of computer-based training courses to teach professionals the importance of integrating security into each stage of the IoT software development life cycle (SDLC). The IoT Specialization Series includes the following courses:
- Insecure Web Interface – how to identify common threats to IoT web interfaces and apply best practices to mitigate these threats;
- Insufficient Authentication/Authorization – how to implement secure authentication and authorization for IoT devices;
- Insecure Network Services – the vulnerabilities of Insecure Network Services within the context of the IoT devices, and best practices to protect network services on IoT devices;
- Insecure Communications – understanding the risks of insecure communications;
- Insecure Mobile Interface – best practices for protecting mobile applications used for IoT solutions; and
- Insecure Software/Firmware – how to securely distribute updates that fix known vulnerabilities in software or firmware for IoT devices.
About Security Innovation
Since 2002, organizations have relied on Security Innovation for our unique software security expertise to help secure and protect sensitive data in the most challenging environments – automobiles, desktops, web applications, mobile devices and in the cloud. A best in class security training, assessment and consulting provider, Security Innovation has been named to the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Training for four consecutive years. Security Innovation is privately held and headquartered in Wilmington, MA USA. For more information, visit www.securityinnovation.com or connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
(NOTE: The above press release is from Security Innovation.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.