Part-Time Administrative Clerk In Fire Department
Reporting To: Fire Chief or designee
Hours: 19.5 Hours, Monday – Friday, schedule is flexible
Location: Public Safety Building, 1 Adelaide Street
Application Deadline: July 20, 2018
The Administrative Clerk supports the Fire Department performing clerical and administrative tasks including processing forms, preparing correspondence, filing, and other assigned duties. Handles confidential information professionally.
Working under the supervision of the Fire Chief and/or designee:
- Greet visitors and customers, answer the telephone and general emails, answer basic questions and provide general information about the Fire Department.
- Schedule appointments and inspections.
- Prepare or review bills, payroll, invoices, and/or receipts.
- Assemble and compute data, prepare statistical reports, summaries, and other municipal records and documents.
- Sort, file, record various materials, and classify materials according to subject matter or other classification.
- Collect, sort, and distribute mail.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and documents, assemble or research content information, provide drafts, final documents, and distribute through inter-office mail, email, us postal service, or otherwise as directed.
- Maintain department files in an orderly manner, file documents, and retrieve documents from files as requested.
- Perform other similar tasks or related works as assigned by the department head and designee.
- High School diploma.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with the public.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and ability to effectively utilize Word and Excel and other standard administrative software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks effectively.
Work is generally performed inside a building. Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces. Noise levels may vary and can include sirens, radio, and intercom communications.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment.
Submit resume and cover letter, or completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Assistant Town Manager/Director of Human Resources
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
or via email at:
If submitting by email please use “Position: PT Fire Administrative Clerk” in the subject. Resume and cover letter may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically and in a file type other than PDF.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.