WILMINGTON, MA — The Town of Wilmington recently posted the following job listing for a Groundsman in the DPW Department.
TOWN OF WILMINGTON DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
Seeking individuals who want to become part of the Town’s Department of Public Works team. The Town of Wilmington currently seeking one (1) full-time positions (40hrs/wk); Groundsman II. The Town offers a comprehensive benefits package.
For complete position descriptions, salary information, and physical requirements, please visit the Town’s website, http://www.wilmingtonma.gov, by calling (978) 658-3311 or visiting the Town Manager’s Office, 121 Glen Road, Wilmington, MA 01887.
Completed applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Town Manager’s Office at 121 Glen Road Wilmington, MA 01887. DEADLINE TO APPLY: JULY 13, 2018. EOE
Manual work in the care of Town-owned grounds; all other related work as required.
- Works under the direct supervision of Parks & Grounds Foreman (Head Groundsman)
- Performs a variety of routine and repetitive tasks, with work checked during progress and upon completion for satisfactory performance.
- Makes few contacts beyond immediate associates.
- Continuous and strenuous physical effort demanded in walking, bending, standing and lifting or carrying equipment, tools and materials while performing duties under varying weather conditions.
Examples of Work:
- Performs manual work in digging and in back-filling excavations; handles heavy materials on maintenance and repair projects.
- Seeds, loams, fertilizes, rakes, rolls, weeds, mows and waters lawn areas.
- Plants, trims and cuts hedges, shrubbery and flowers; rakes up and disposes of rubbish and leaves.
- Drags and marks playing fields and works on irrigation systems.
- Operates equipment such as power-mowers, light trucks, brush cutters, snow plows, power saws, line painters, small tractors and other parks and grounds equipment.
- Maintains and marks play fields; maintains tennis courts and skating rinks; repairs and paints benches, back stops and bleachers; installs and maintains playground equipment.
- Plows snow and removes ice and snow from walks, drives and pavements.
- Transports and sets up staging and risers; moves furniture and equipment.
- Performs other work of the Department of Public Works as directed by the Superintendent of Public Works.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
High School education; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Ability, Skill:
Ability to lift heavy objects and to work continuously under varying weather conditions. Ability to understand and follow oral instructions. Ability to use hand tools and operate power equipment. Possession of CDL required.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.