WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will recognize this year’s WPS retirees.
- iPods for Wounded Veterans Chairman Paul Cardello will award WHS Science Teacher Dawn Martel with its “Teacher of the Year” Award.
- The School Committee will accept a donation of a Kindness Library at Shawsheen Elementary School in the amount of approximately $1,000.
- The School Committee will receive a spring sports recap from WHS Athletic Director Tim Alberts.
- The School Committee will hear a presentation from the Wilmington Special Education PAC.
- The School Committee will be introduced to the district’s new incoming Assistant Superintendent Brian Reagan.
- The School Committee will consider participating in a MASC Workshop on Governance for School Committee.
- The School Committee will also receive a Superintendent Report, report from its Student Representative, and any subcommittee reports.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-E — Channel 99 on Comcast and Channel 39 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.