WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a round-up of what’s going on in Wilmington on Sunday, May 27, 2018:
Weather: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 52 by 5pm. Northeast wind around 8 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
In The Community: The Town’s weekend of Memorial Day ceremonies continues:
11:00 A.M. Mass at United Methodist Church, Wilmington
1:00 P.M. Rededication of Parks, Squares, and Monuments
- Police Station Monument
- Memorial Shrine – Saint Thomas of Villanova
1:15 P.M. Town Common Reading of all squares and names
At Veterans Monument on Town Common – Rededication of Following Squares:
- Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial – Wilmington Memorial Library
- Robert W. Parent Memorial – Old Town Hall, Middlesex Avenue
- Rogers Park – Middlesex Avenue by Town Pound
- Ronald Eaton Square – Glen Road and Main Street
- Missing at Sea Sailors – Silver Lake at Main Street
- John F. Landry Jr. Memorial – Main Street at Silver Lake
- John J. Fullerton, Jr. Memorial – Grove Avenue
- Richard Welch M.I.A. Memorial – Main Street and Bridge Lane
- Nee Park – Burlington Avenue and Chestnut Street
- Berrigan Park – Lower Main Street and Cook Avenue
- John A. Rich Memorial – Lowell Street near Textron
- Veterans Memorial Bridge at Lowell Street
- Drew Square – Woburn Street and West Street
- Butterworth Square – Federal and Concord Street
- Regan Park – Salem Street
- Old Soldiers Lot – Wildwood Cemetery
- WWI Cannon – Wildwood Cemetery
In The Community: Barnes & Noble (98 Turnpike, Burlington) is holding a book fair to benefit Wilmington-based iPods for Wounded Veterans. The fair takes place on Saturday, May 26 (9am-11pm); Sunday, May 27 (10am-9pm); and Monday, May 28 (9am-9pm). Present this voucher at checkout. People can also participate online by visiting bn.com/bookfair during the fundraiser. Simply use Bookfair ID 12320263 at the in-store checkout or before checking out online. A percentage of in-store and online purchases will benefit iPods for Wounded Veterans.
Go Wildcats!: The Dick Scanlon Memoril Day Tournament concludes today. Matignon takes on Revere in the consolation game at noon, while Wilmington will take on Greater Lawrence Tech in the championship game at 3pm.
Food Shopping: Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
Reminder: A large portion of the MBTA Commuter Rail’s Lowell Line is closed for repairs. Free shuttle bus service is being provided. Learn more HERE.
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.