WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, May 14, 2018 at 7pm at Town Hall (Room 9).
There is a great deal of of noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will choose a new Chairman.
- Selectmen will hear presentation from Planning Director Valerie Gingrich regarding Over 55 Affordable Housing at Spruce Farm. Selectmen will then consider signing the necessary application and submitting it to the Department of Housing & Community Development.
- Selectmen will also hear a presentation from Planning Director Valerie Gingrich regarding an Inter-Muncipal Agreement for Regional Housing Services Office. Selectmen will then consider signing the agreement.
- Selectmen will hear a presentation from Recreation Director Karen Campbell regarding the town’s field use policy. Selectmen will then consider accepting the policy.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Recreation Director Karen Campbell to the use the Town Common and Gazebo for Concerts on the Common on Wednesdays, July 11, July 18, July 25 and August 1, with Thursday night rain dates.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Veterans Services Director Lou Cimaglia, and Friends of Tim Ryan organization, to install a memorial bench in the Veterans’ Lot at Wildwood Cemetery.
- Selectmen will consider approving the TIF agreement with Analog Devices and submitting the necessary application to the Economic Assistance Coordinating Council.
- Selectmen will establish a schedule for interviewing for Town Counsel candidates.
- Selectmen will consider a Common Victualer License for the new owner of Heav’nly Donuts.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will update Selectmen on the deployment of AED units on Town Property.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6:15pm to discuss firefighter contract negotiations.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple typically live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.