WILMINGTON, MA — Dianna DiGregorio was named 2018 Wilmington Good Guy at the 50th Annual Good Guy Ceremony on Friday, May 11 at the Wilmington Knights of Columbus Hall.
DiGregorio was recognized for making a significant impact on the Wilmington community through her volunteer work, which includes:
- Wilmington Fourth of July Committee (24-year member)
- Wilmington Community Fund President
- Wilmington Food Pantry lead volunteer
- Wilmington Adopt-A-Family Holiday Program lead volunteer
- Wilmington Shredding Day lead volunteer
- Founder of Wilmington Library’s Community Roundtable program
- Member of Wilmington Library’s Mass Memories Roadshow Committee
- Member of Wilmington Library’s Strategic Planning Committee
Throughout the evening, DiGregorio was roasted by Wilmington dignitaries, some of her fellow volunteers who nominated her for the award, and multiple family members.
DiGregorio was praised for “her commitment to give back to the place she’s called her home her entire life,” “her incredible dedication to others,” and “her willingness to give countless hours to the Fourth of July Committee, Food Pantry, Adopt-A-Family program, and Library, all with a kind spirit, a smile, and a loving heart.” She was also complimented on her bowling prowess.
“I can’t think of a nicer person to receive this award. No one does volunteerism better than these two people right here,” said Selectman Mike McCoy in his speech, pointing to Dianna and her husband Michael.
(NOTE: Wilmington Apple hopes to have a complete recap of the ceremony in the coming days. Cover photo from Fourth of July Committee’s website.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?