WILMINGTON, MA — The field of candidates for the 19th Middlesex House of Representatives seat previously held by the late Jim Miceli is set.
While signatures on some nomination papers are still being certified as of 5pm, the final slate of candidates is as follows:
Candidates From Wilmington:
- Wilmington Selectman & Jim Miceli’s nephew Mike McCoy (D)
- Former Wilmington Selectwoman & School Committee member Judy O’Connell (D)
- Wilmington Democratic Town Committee Chair Erika Johnson (D)
- Former Everett City Councilor Catherine Gover (D)
Candidates From Tewksbury:
- Jim Miceli’s Chief of Staff Dave Robertson (D)
- Tewksbury Selectman Mark Kratman (D)
- Tewksbury Finance Committee member Erin Buckley (R)
- Shawsheen Tech School Committee member Patricia Meuse (I)
- Pina Prinzivalli (R) (who declared her candidacy in October and submitted her papers in mid-April)
As expected, Wilmington Town Moderator Rob Peterson (D), Tewksbury Board of Health member George Ferdinand (D), and Democratic activist Daniel Murphy (D) did not return nomination papers. Tewksbury’s Noah Doucout (I) also chose not to return his papers.
To officially get on the ballot, candidates must now submit their nomination papers to the Secretary of State’s Office by Tuesday, May 29.
McCoy, O’Connell, Johnson, Gover, Robertson and Kratman will do battle in the Democratic primary, while Buckley and Prinzivalli will face off in the Republican primary. The primary elections are scheduled for Tuesday, September 4.
The winners of the two primaries will meet Meuse, an Independent, in the General Election, scheduled for Tuesday, November 6.
The 19th Middlesex District consists of Wilmington Precincts 1, 2, 4, 5, & 6 and Tewksbury Precincts 1, 1A, 2, 2A, 4 and 4A.
Check back with Wilmington Apple for extensive coverage of this race.
(NOTE: The article’s cover photo is provided by State Rep. Candidate Erika Johnson (D-Wilmington.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.