WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, April 9, 2018 at 7pm at Town Hall (Room 9).
There is a great deal of of noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will discuss Sciarappa Farm taxation questions with Town Accountant Mike Morris and Town Assessor Karen Rassias.
- Selectmen will discuss possibly creating an Economic Development Committee.
- Selectman Mike Champoux will pressent the board’s 2017 Annual Report.
- Selectmen will hear a presentation from Wilmington Daisy Troop Leader Theresa Smith regarding the creation of a “Free Library” and Rock Garden at Wilmington Rotary Park.
- Selectmen will receive correspondence from the State Attorney General’s Office regarding the December 16 Special Town Meeting.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide Selectmen with a memo regarding the town’s Proposed FY19 Roadway Program.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Director of Veterans Services Lou Cimaglia to use the Town Common on July 26-30 to display the Vietnam War Moving Wall.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Fourth of July Committee to restrict hawkers/peddlers and transient vendors from conducting business one-half mile of Town Common during the Fun on the Fourth.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Police Chief Michael Begonis to use Rotary Park on Tuesday, August 7 for National Night Out.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Girl Scout Troop 62547 to place a “Free Library” at Rotary Park.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Town Clerk to appoint additional election workers.
- Selectmen will closing the warrant for the Special Town Meeting.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6:30pm.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple typically live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.