WILMINGTON, MA — Want to write, record and produce your own movie? How about hosting or competing in a game show? Want to be star interviewer or interviewee?
Wilmington Community Television (WCTV) is now accepting sign-ups for its 2018 Summer Workshops!
- June 25th-29th (9-11 year olds)
- July 9th-13th (12-14 year olds)
- July 23rd-27th (9-11 year olds)
- August 6th-10th (12-14 year olds)
- August 13th-17th (13-16 year olds)
What does the program involve?
Children ages 9 to 16 are invited to sign up (with the final week geared specifically to teens who have WCTV experience). Each day, from 9AM to 3PM, kids will learn the basics of TV. Specific skills include:
- Operating a Camera
- Planning Out a Project
- Writing a Script
The program will include a mini field trip in town to film a scene or two. At the end of each week, there will be a showing for both kids and parents in WCTV’s studio to get a look at the finished projects!
- Participants will need to bring lunch three days during the week, with WCTV providing lunch the other two days.
- The end-of-week showing will be at 2PM each Friday, with dessert served in the studio.
- Please make WCTV aware of any allergies or medications so staff an plan accordingly on food and filming locations.
How Much Does It Cost?
$125 per child, with a family discount (more than one participant) of $100 per child.
Interested parents can contact WCTV Youth Outreach Coordinator Kaileigh Bernardo at email@example.com or call the studio at 978-657-4066.
Please also complete the studio’s youth disclosure form HERE.
(NOTE: The above information is from Wilmington Community Television.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.