WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, February 26, 2018 at 7pm at Town Hall (Room 9).
There is a great deal of of noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will discuss the need for a new Town Counsel and issuing a Request For Proposal for Town Counsel Services
- Selectmen will discuss the non-petitioned, town-sponsored Town Meeting warrant articles.
- Selectmen will review the petitioned Town Meeting warrant articles.
- Town Manager will provide an update on the status of Analog Devices Tax Increment Financing Request.
- Town Manager will provide an update on the recent Fire Chief Appointment and Deputy Chief Appointment.
- Selectmen will hear from Middlesex Canal Commissioner Betty Bigwood. The Commission has a request to install a kiosk sign at Town Park.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Grace Chapel to use the Town Common for a Community Easter Sunday Sunrise Service on Sunday, April 1, from 6am to 7am.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Band Parents and Friends to sell coffee, donuts, popcorn, cold drinks, pompoms, and balloons during the Memorial Day Parade.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Band Parents and Friends to sell refreshments (Popcorn, Cotton Candy, Hot Pretzels, Soda, Water) during the Recreation Commission’s Summer Concert Series.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Sons of Italy and Wilmington Band Parents to use the Swain School parking lot to conduct a Yard Sale fundraiser on Saturday, September 8, from 7am to 5:30pm.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Susan Hendee, PMC Wilmington Kids Ride Coordinator, to close a portion of Carter Lane to conduct the Annual PanMass Challenge Wilmington Kids Bike Ride on Sunday, May 20, from 8am to noon.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Farmers Market Association President Dana Burnham to conduct the Farmers Market on Sundays, from June 10 through September 30, from 10am to 1pm.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Community Fund President Dianna DiGregorio to the use the Town Common Parking Lot for a Shredding Day on Saturday, September 22, from 9am to noon.
- Selectmen will hold a public hearing relative to GameStop’s application for a Secondhand Dealer License.
- Selectmen will consider a request in a change of management at the Aleppo Temple.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple typically live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.